Tuesday, September 1, 2015

OAEA Fall Conference

This year my school is sending me to the Oklahoma Art Education Association (OAEA) Fall conference on Sept. 11th-12th. I am very excited to attend since I have not had an opportunity to go since I started teaching. I have been to other state conferences since I headed down the path of becoming an art teacher, but not OAEA.

This year's conference will be hosted by Cameron University in Lawton, OK. The theme this year is DIY: Designing your life, studio, classroom, curriculum....the possibilities are endless. It looks like it will be a great event, I am already looking forward to several of the classes, and talking to other art educators. 

After teaching my STEAM workshop this past summer I was encouraged to submit my class as a proposal for this year's gathering. I am please to announce that my submission was accepted and I will be leading a workshop called STEAM: ArtBots.


Here is a little preview of what I will be teaching to everyone. 




Thank You Mr. Joslin for letting me attend, and thank you Mayo Foundation for covering the cost of the conference.

No comments:

Post a Comment